Monday 21 March 2011



All I seem to be able to think about at the moment is cakes. Cakes and sweet things. I bought a Carrot cake last week and have been sneaking into the larder ever since, hacking little bits off it. Needless to say it is now all gone and I am totally bereft without it. I've decided to make my own.
I can still remember the most delicious carrot cake of all time, no joke, from when I was 14 at school. It was a friends' mothers' recipe and I still have it to this day. If you like a carrot cake, this seriously could be the best one you'll ever have. And, the best news is that it gets better every day. You can have secret little bits for weeks on end.



'Hannah's Superb Carrot Cake'

8oz self raising flour
2 level teaspoons of baking powder
5oz soft light brown sugar
2oz walnuts, chopped
4oz carrots, washed trimmed and grated
2 ripe bananas, mashed
2 eggs
Quarter of a pint of sunflower oil

Topping
3oz soft margarine
3oz cream cheese
6oz icing sugar
half a teaspoon of vanilla essence

To Make
Sieve the flour and baking powder into a bowl, stir in the sugar

Add the nuts, carrots, banana and mix

Add the eggs and oil and then mix until blended

Pour the mixture into a lined flat square or rectangular tin and bake for 30 mins at 180 degrees

Mix all the icing ingredients together and when the cakes is cold, spread with the very tasty topping.




No comments: