Sunday 1 September 2013

Sluiz



stormy skies

I know shopping is not the first thing that springs to mind when you think of Ibiza.   I secretly couldn't have been more overjoyed though when on day two of our Ibiza weekend the rain started falling meaning an outing to the mega Sluiz was now on the cards. 
Sluiz is an Ibizan department store - more cool East End warehouse than polished Selfridges - and is meant to be a creative experience.  Full of everything you could possibly ever want - lighting, furniture, fashion, candles, baskets, trinkets, toys and random paraphernalia.  Despite nearly hyperventilating with excitement when I walked in - the sheer scale, colour and general massiveness is quite overwhelming - my credit card didn't get any action. Although if Ryanair's baggage policy was slightly more flexible, I would be sitting on these heavenly floor cushions right now..

the floor cushions

magical masking tape



Basket wall


The Sluiz cows






www.sluiz-ibiza.com

1 comment:

Louisa said...

I heart sluiz too!! It was started by a dutch couple i think. Love their style. am going in Oct and already counting the days till the feast for the eyes begins :)