Saturday 20 April 2013

Marmalade & Mash





When it comes to buying clothes for the Cubs, I'm pretty unadventurous.  Before they arrived I imagined I would spend hours trawling the shops for tiny, wonderful creations.  My own obsession with clothes might wane and be transferred onto their wardrobes rather than mine.   I would be changing them three times a day so we could fit in all their perfect little outfits type thing...  Dream on.  
They're lucky if they get a new outfit three times a week. They're permanently covered in cheese, mud, banana... whatever they can find.  It's like they think they're auditioning to be in the 'before' scenes of one of those washing powder adverts.   
On top of the dirt issue is the fact that there really is very little out there that I like.  Everything has some sort of hideous logo/picture/slogan on it.  Even my usual, tried and trusted  GAP, Zara baby and H&M aren't guarantees anymore. 




So it was a huge joy when I found out about Marmalade&Mash;  the most brilliant, British, simple, logo-free children's clothing company. They're all about traditional, old school clothes - there's lots of bold stripes 'reminiscent of times at the seaside' for the boys and floral, floaty frocks for the girls.  I can't wait to get the Cubs into the green stripy shorts for shrimping in the Scilly Isles this summer.











 Marmalade & Mash are offering my readers a 15% discount.  
Just put WILLOWROSE15 in the special box when you're checking out.





www.marmaladeandmash.co.uk

No comments: