Monday 23 May 2011

Sew Sew Sew


I really want to be able to embroider. I love the idea of buying beautiful slips of fabric and making napkins or striped antique linen for table cloths and then effortlessly being able to embroider a little initial or message on the corner. They'd make such gorgeous presents. That little personal touch would transform an already gorgeous present into something properly visionary. A proper keepsake.
My new found desire to sew is all down to the new embroidered Penguin books. They have commissioned new covers for three of their best selling books; Emma, Black Beauty and The Secret Garden. The beauties have been created by illustrator Jillian Tamaki and are so beautiful I can't wait to get my hands on them. Black Beauty has never been one of my faves but I think this might have changed things slightly. Come October 2011 I will def be standing in line for these. Might even try doing my own while i'm waiting...








www.blog.jilliantamaki.com



No comments: