Wednesday 13 February 2013

One week to go...


Trying to make the most of still being in my twenties for the last few weeks hasn't really been going to plan.  Not that I really knew what I should be doing; Staying out all night/going on wild, spur of the moment trips?  Wearing something cooler perhaps...



I did actually buy an especially teenage mini dungaree dress last week. Although I'm quite concerned it looks more Annie than Alexa... And I've woken up with a nice rash on my face, which could be mistaken for teenage acne if it needed to be.  
The biggest Cub's latest obsession is a TV character called Sporticus.  Half my day is spent pretending to be on the phone to him,  while the rest is spent following orders to 'jump about and dance' like him.  After being made to copy one his  head stands at 6am on Sunday morning and landing not quite perfectly; I've barely been able to move.  I used to be able to run for miles and recover in seconds.  And now, I just cant do it.  So I think I'm going to give up before I've really even started.
They do say everything changes when you turn 30. People who can usually eat whatever they like, whenever they like, suddenly can't. As if my magic, over night, one too many sticky toffee puddings and 'poooooof!', you're the size of a house.  




So instead of panicking I'm going to embrace it.  Or maybe just let it pass me by.  I'm going to concentrate on making a Mary Berry, white chocolate birthday cake.  Of which Cub Senior is insisting is for him and must be half caterpillar, half ladybird...
  


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm in the same boat as I turn 30 in March ......#groan. I'm considering dip dying my hair pink for the last week of my twenties. My two girls are really keen for me to do it although I'm not sure if this is the correct opinion to be listening too. They would probably have me dipped in glitter and carrying a pink wand if they were in true control of my image. Anyway, I think the Mary Berry cake might be the way to go and an all round better option.........