Thursday 31 October 2013

Chinti and Parker Collaboration


I was incredibly flattered - and ridiculously excited - when my all time favourite cashmere label Chinti and Parker asked if I would like to collaborate with them. Here is some of what they've just posted on their blog.
photo 1Willow Crossley, author and blogger, wears Chinti’s One Pocket Sweater
Bloggers don’t come much better packaged or qualified than Willow Crossley of Willow Rose Boutique. The very definition of English Rose with an enviable fashion figure, she’s also a twice published author and influential style blogger. Oh, and did we mention she has a penchant for Chinti? We caught up with her for a little insight into what makes her tick on the style front.
willowWillow glams up in Chinti’s Mirror Fleck Skirt and Printed Pocket T
Tell us a bit about your blog, Willow Rose Boutique, and what inspires it?
I started my blog when we moved to the South of France and I needed some kind of a creative outlet.  I’d left my job in London and wanted to write.  So I started blogging about my daily life, my finds – things I love and it all started from there. I’m inspired by everything – interiors, fashion, my two small boys, food, people, nature.
How would you define your personal style?
A bit of a mix. One day I’ll do floaty, pretty, girly and the next I’ll be in boyfriend jeans, a baggy jumper and high-tops. In a dream world I would only wear bohemian floaty, 70′s-inspired paisley numbers, but it’s too cold for that here.  And wearing long styles around the boys just doesn’t work! My everyday get up at the moment is a mini woollen kilt, Chinti cashmere jumper and Isabel Marant flat boots. Comfort and warmth is very high on my agenda.
Unknown-8Chinti’s Elbow Patch Sweater gets the eclectic treatment
Do you have any golden rules when it comes to dressing well? 
I try and only wear things that make feel comfortable – If I feel self-conscious and uncomfortable I can never really concentrate on anything else.
You mentioned you have a second book coming out. Could you tell us a bit about this? 
It’s called ‘Inspire’ and is coming out in March, published with CICO books. It’s an interiors and lifestyle book that (hopefully) inspires you to bring nature into your home as a way of decorating.
willow3Every day chic in our Breton T
Who is your ultimate style icon?
I think Clemence Poesy always look great.  Nicole Ritchie in her boho days. The Isabel Marant catwalk models.  Vogue’s Lucinda Chambers.  Jenna Lyons creative director of J Crew.  Is that too many?!
Lastly, which are you favourite pieces from Chinti and Parker’s AW13 collection?
I adore the slouchy boatneck jumpers – especially the navy and cream with the pink pocket.  The Aran jumpers are ridiculously luxurious and I also love the neon patched pieces.

www.chintiandparker.com/blog/willow-style

No comments: