Monday 18 June 2012

To Venice I Go....




This time in 24 hours, I will be gliding through Venice on a Gondola.  I've been invited to fly out for a party.  All expenses paid, for 24 hours, with some of my best friends. 

I can't quite believe I'm actually going. 
I did contemplate not.  It all seemed such a rush - too much to fit into such a short time and especially to somewhere I've wanted to go my whole life.  Would I ruin it by seeing it with only a fleeting glimpse? - There was all the organisation - babysitters to locate, outfits to find - anything not covered in sweet potato puree would do - more of a challenge than it sounds.  And then there's the fact that I am beyond exhausted thanks to both Cubs recent nocturnal activities - and do I really want to add to my already hallucinatory state by giving myself another all-nighter?
Yes, yes and more yes.  I couldn't be more excited if I tried.  And as Chaz pointed out, i'm going to have 8 hours of travelling, without either Cub, all to myself.  Imagine the peace.  

SO for now, I'm off to paint my nails, rifle through my wardrobe and try and make my legs look like they haven't seen a ghost.

Wish me luck!
xx




No comments: