Sunday 3 April 2011

Love from Wales



We came up to Wales on Friday night and first thing on Saturday morning went rummaging in Welshpool for treasure. Ned was hunting for goodies for his business Not Another Bill.com and I was just looking for anything pretty really. Rather selfishly I've always tried to keep it a bit of a secret but I think it's about time I shared. After all, sharing is caring and it is mother's day. My secret is the magical Ashman's on Welshpool high street. The owner, Diane, has two wonderful shops next door to each other. The first is full of vintage clothes, bags, jewels and lace, while the other is a dream of welsh blankets, Durham quilts, ladylike cups and saucers and antique linens. Basically life style bits and pieces. 90% of my summer wardrobe is from here. She is my go-to for Edwardian slips, floaty white dresses and impractical but divine cotton lawn and lace bits. I love going into swanky London vintage shops and finding identical pieces that cost ten times what I paid for mine. Makes me very smug.



vintage bandages


antique table cloths, napkins and sheets


Ned fell in love with this little seal

Loved these vintage name tapes, such a pretty pink box




Vintage Style is another wonderful shop in Welshpool and I can never leave without paying it a quick visit. A tiny treasure trove full of French painted tables and shelves, antique enamel jugs and beautiful cushions.




enamel colander and jug from Vintage Style


www.ashmansvintage.com
'Vintage Style'.Hopkins Passage. Welshpool

No comments: