Wednesday 9 November 2011

Man Down



It's been quite an eventful few days. We went up to London on Sunday night for 24 hours. Just to potter around really, do my highlights, bit of Christmas shopping and then go to Kempton market on tuesday before coming back to do Cub's 2nd birthday party. All was going to plan until I decided that I'd ignored the pains in my tummy for too long and thought we'd better 'pop' into A&E for a quick check up. Four hours later in the Maternity ward and I'm having contractions with midwives muttering about preterm labour. Not funny at only 28 weeks pregnant. To cut a long story short, there's still only have one Cub running about -for now, but I'm under serious instructions to rest. Sounds heavenly but sitting still is not something I do well. And I still have a book to write and a two year old hooligan to entertain.


So far my ideas of restful things to do are going like this;

Find Daylesford and go for a pregnancy massage in the Haybarn Spa.
Do supermarket shopping online - I do this already, it just makes my list look bigger.
Think nice things about builders.
Do christmas lists
Plan christmas menus
Think of names for next cherub

Pretty much all I can think of and it took me about half an hour to come up with it....

Maybe I should learn to meditate?







No comments: