Monday 13 December 2010

Lovely Lisa Swerling



I have just come back from staying with one of my oldest friends in her postcard perfect cottage in the country. It was like being in that cottage in film, 'The Holiday", but better. Sorry Jude.
So I was minding my own business, trying to keep the lid on my house envy and then I found her collection of Lisa Swerling art works and the lid flew off.

Lisa's works, called 'glass cathedrals' are a series of glass boxes containing brilliant tiny worlds, each making their own statement on our complicated lives. It's quite hard to do them justice describing them; I think it's best to have a look at photos of them to see how cool them are.




Sunseekers




Farty Party


I will be first in line at the London Art Fair on January 19th where Lisa is exhibiting next - If you cant make it there, have a look at her website and she gives the dates of when and where you can see her work. Definitely worth a trip.

www.glasscathedrals.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You'll want to add a facebook button to your blog. I just bookmarked this article, although I had to complete it manually. Simply my $.02 :)

- Robson